By Megan Zolorycki
1. Name one thing that’s taking away your power. Describe it, picture it, be with it. (Sometimes it’s nice to rip the paper up after)
2. Describe your perfect morning, afternoon, and evening. What is filling your cup in these moments? (It can be simple)
3. Pick a part of your body that makes you feel confident and empowered, why does it make you feel this way? Describe the feeling.
4. Pick a part of your body that you aren’t as confident about, write this part of your body a love letter. Explain to it that it’s just as perfect as all your other parts.
5. Gratitude. List what you’re grateful for at this moment.
6. Go outside and sit in the grass, the dirt, or on your favourite chair. Free write. Let nature inspire you.
7. What would you do if you weren’t caught up in others’ expectations of you?
8. What boundaries could you set in order to recharge yourself? Are there areas in your life that you could loosen responsibility or delegate? Could you say no to a few more things?
9. List three priorities of your day. Imagine them as tree trunks growing from your spine, grounding you. These are the only things you have to get done today.
10. Is there a constant story playing out in your head? Write the story on paper, let the words flow out of your mind and land on something else. Re-read the story and decide whether it’s something you want to take with you or not.
Hi! My name is Megan and I’ve been drawn to helping others with their own healing since I can remember. The Looking Glass Foundation is a way for me to do that. With my words and my experiences, my hope is that every individual whether you struggle with an eating disorder or not, can come back into peace with their bodies; their homes. My day to day is always different, but I’ve been a yoga teacher for almost 2 years and most of my pieces will centre around the immense healing benefits of this ancient practice; a practice that saved me at my lowest points. 2 things to know about me: I’m from Vancouver Island (Island girl) and I love GOOD coffee. So stick around!
The post 10 Journaling Prompts for Reflection & Growth appeared first on Looking Glass Foundation.