Eating healthy food isn’t enough when it comes to weight loss | Photo credit: Pixabay
- The first step towards this goal is cutting down on processed foods, carbonated sugary drinks and empty calorie foods
- Experts recommend getting your share of calories by consuming whole grains and fibre rich foods
- Eating too much at night only hours before going off to sleep is one of the healthiest habits when it comes to weight loss
New Delhi: When weight loss is a concern, losing belly fat becomes a herculean task owing to its stubborn nature. From working on abs non-stop to eating the right foods – people do it all to achieve a flat tummy. The first step towards this goal is cutting down on processed foods, carbonated sugary drinks and empty calorie foods.
Although a multi-step process, the most essential move towards weight loss to achieve a flatter tummy starts with eating the right foods. While a diet rich in proteins, fibre and healthy fats works best for weight loss, experts suggest a few simple hacks to achieve a flatter tummy.
Take a look at the top five hacks that can help you achieve weight loss goals while carving a flatter stomach.
- Eat slowly: Eating healthy food isn’t enough when it comes to weight loss. Experts also suggest enjoying it slowly to ensure that healthy meals do not push out your belly with gas. Whole grains, cruciferous vegetables and lean meat when eaten too much and too fast can result in gas and bloating as the gut may fail to digest so much in a go. Therefore, to avoid risk of a bloated belly, stick to a more holistic trick of eating your meals.
- Avoid liquid calories: Liquid calories are accumulated through sugary drinks, packed sodas, alcoholic beverages and even fresh fruit juices. While fruit juices are a healthier counterpart of the rest, they are also high in sugar content and can up your calorie intake. Therefore, experts recommend getting your share of calories by consuming whole grains and fibre rich foods as they induce a sense of fullness sooner as opposed to drinks that one can enjoy non-stop.
- Practice mindful eating: At a time when stress and anxiety incidence is extremely high, many fail to realise the importance of mindful eating. When people binge on unhealthy foods to curb depression – commonly known as the concept of stress eating – little do they realise how this could result in weight gain and obesity over time. Therefore, practice mindful eating to ensure that your meals are about satisfying hunger and nourishing your body with essential nutrients.
- Stop eating before you feel stuffed: When it comes to belly fat accumulation, most of it happens due to overeating-related bloating, gas or eating non-stop in a go. Therefore, experts recommend stopping before you start to feel stuffed. This way, you can prevent over-fueling and over time, belly fat accumulation.
- Avoid dinner dates, go for lrunch: Eating too much at night only hours before going off to sleep is one of the healthiest habits when it comes to weight loss. And going out on a dinner date means filling up on appetizers, main course, dessert and even an extra round of drinks. However, if you are working towards achieving a flatter tummy, experts suggest going on a lunch date instead as this way, you can get more time to digest the meal, sweat out a little and not eat more for the day to prevent weight gain.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now
Read More:Weight loss: Top 5 hacks to eat your way to a flatter tummy